WordPress gives every piece of content on your site its own unique ID number. This helps the website to keep track of all the different pieces of content on your site. When a WordPress needs a content, then it uses this ID number to find each specific content. That means if you want to query/target a specific content, it can be handy to know how to find WordPress post ID. Here we will explain you the methods to find the post ID.
Basically, there are two methods to find post ID in WordPress, one method is you can find it manually and another method is you can find it by using a WordPress plugin.
Method #1: Find Post ID on edit page
- Login to WordPress blogs dashboard
- Go to Posts>All posts
- Click “edit” on the blog post for which you want to find the ID
- You can see a number in the URL
For example, you can see a number like 1234 in the URL, that is your post ID
Method #2: Find using Reveal IDs WordPress plugin:
This method is very simple. You can easily find the ID by using reveal IDs plugin.
- Log in to the WordPress dashboard
- Go to Plugins>Add new
- Search for “Reveal IDs”, click “install ” and then click activate
- Now go to Posts>All posts, you can see the IDs listed.
Recommended Reading What is the Difference Between WordPress Page Vs Post?