Businesses now operate in fully digitized environments, thanks to rapid technological advancements. Nonetheless, this means that every business now needs to have an effective online presence, which starts with a website. There are a plethora of platforms to help you build the right website for your business. However, WordPress and Node.js are certainly the leaders here.
Both the platforms have earned themselves extensive reputations over the years. WordPress has done so by allowing people to create websites and blogs as per their requirements, even without any prior technical expertise. However, Node.js does require certain technical skills for you to create a website.
WordPress and Node.js differ from each other in many unique ways. So this article will look into those differences and give you a detailed understanding of what these platforms offer. While there are many differences between both these platforms, we have discussed some primary ones here.
But First, Let us see What Exactly is WordPress?
Table of Contents
WordPress is one of the most popular platforms people use to create websites or start their blogs. One can never undermine the prevalence of WordPress with numbers showing that the platform powers more than 43.3% of all websites on the web. So, it is safe to say that WordPress powers over one in four websites you visit on the internet.
At its core, WordPress is an open-source content management system with a license from GPLv2. Therefore, anyone can make changes to the WordPress platform without paying a single penny for the same. The best feature of WordPress is that users do not need any technical expertise or skills to use the platform. Anyone can use WordPress to manage their content without any hassle.
Defining Features of WordPress
WordPress provides its users with a range of features that make it a preferred choice for many. So let’s check out some of the features that best define WordPress.
- Extensibility: WordPress offers a wide range of plugins and themes, allowing everyone to modify their websites without hassle. Themes can help you alter the looks of your website and give it an aesthetic feel that shows your offerings in the best light. While most WordPress themes and plugins are free, you can access even more through the premium option.
- Open-Source And Free: WordPress is a free and open-source platform, making it an ideal choice for many bloggers. Of course, users have to pay a little to host their website, but using the platform is free.
- Seamless Installation: Another great quality of WordPress is that one need not be a technology expert to create a website with WordPress. A few simple clicks are enough to install the platform on your system. Besides, one can even access informative guides to simplify installation or use the preinstalled version of WordPress.
- Flexibility: No matter your requirements, WordPress allows users to create any website that caters to their requirements. Additionally, your website can evolve with time as long as you are using WordPress. For instance, you can keep adding more features to your website to enhance users’ experience with passing time.
- Easy Access To Resources: WordPress was created to make website building simpler for everyone. But even if you are stuck on the platform or come across any issues, there is always a wide range of resources to help you out. Be it blogs, forums, developers, tutorials, or groups on social media platforms; you will never fall short of help with WordPress.
Now, What’s Node.js?
Using the Node.js app allows you to benefit from a single process instead of having to create threads forever. Since Node.js allows front-end developers to write server-side and client-side code, it has become a preferable choice for many. That too, developers need not learn any new language for the same.
Defining Features Node.js
Like WordPress, even Node.js has many features and functionalities that set the platform apart from its competitors. So let’s check out some of these features to understand Node.js better.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: No matter the type of platform you might be using, Node.js is compatible with almost all of them. Some prevalent platforms include Unix, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and other mobile platforms. Developers can even use Node.js to bundle with the correct package and facilitate seamless execution with full self-reliance.
- Scalability: Scalability has long been a pressing concern with software development for modern businesses. Node.js takes good care of this issue with its cluster modules that manage load balance for every running CPU core. Besides, the platform also takes concurrent requests to make things easier. But more importantly, Node.js allows users to split software horizontally with the child process.
- Unmatched Data Processing Ability: One of the greatest qualities of Node.js is it uses the asynchronous structure for processing data. As a result, one can process multiple requests simultaneously. Besides that, the platform takes a distinct event-based approach to software development. Thus, users can generate outputs solely based on their inputs.
Common WordPress Plugins You Need To Know About
WordPress provides users with over 55,000 plugins. As a result, it becomes very challenging for users to pick the plugin that will best serve their requirements. So, here are some top picks to help you narrow down your search.
- Yoast SEO: SEO is very important in today’s marketing environment. Thus, Yoast SEO has become a very important plugin for almost every WordPress user. The plugin helps you optimize your page and content for SEO, ensuring they bag top ranks in search results.
- Wordfence: Ensuring your security in this digitized environment is never easy unless you are using Wordfence. The plugin is designed to ensure the safety of your WordPress website with a firewall. The firewall will keep malicious traffic away to ensure the safety of your website.
- WooCommerce: Only a fool would undermine the significance of e-commerce in this age and time. This brings us to WooCommerce to help you turn your WordPress website into an e-commerce platform. As a result, you can seamlessly sell your offerings to customers across the internet.
Node.js Tools You Need To Know About
Even Node.js provides a wide range of useful tools to help developers in every way possible. Some of these tools include:
- PM2: PM2 is a must-have tool for managing the processes of Node.js applications. It has many built-in features and a user-friendly interface to make things much easier.
What Do Users Have To Say About WordPress?
Most WordPress users in 2022 seem to be delighted with the affordable web hosting plans offered by the platform. Besides, the readily accessible guides and tutorials make it much easier to scale and grow an online business without hassle.
But some users also seem to have issues as WordPress only allows users to use their license or subscription for just one website. As a result, users with more than one website need to pay a WordPress premium for each of those websites. Besides that, WordPress users in 2022 seem more or less satisfied with what the CMS platform offers.
What Do Users Have To Say About Node.js?
But most importantly, Node.js has left a mark on its users with its single threading approach to processing requests. As a result, users can save a lot more time and space with an unmatched computing speed.
Users seem to love that while requests for certain necessities remain on hold, it does not impact other requests. As a result, they can benefit from the amplified computing capacity of the server.
Node.js and WordPress are among the leading and more widely used platforms for web development in 2022. While both the platforms have unique offerings, it is fair to say they serve their users pretty well. While WordPress stands out for its user-friendly interface, Node.js has the V8 engine that offers cross-platform compatibility making it ideal for building highly scalable applications.
Therefore, it would be fair to say that both Node.js and WordPress have strong points and shortcomings. So, it is up to the users and their unique requirements to choose the platform that serves them. But remember, you need not hire any developer with WordPress, but you need to hire Node js Developers to make the most of its offerings.